The Employer is responsible to implement and maintain a respiratory protection program. One or more persons can be designated to administer the program.
The respiratory protection program will include:
- An evaluation of airborne contaminants in the workplace
- An exposure control plan
- Selection of appropriate respirators
- Training of workers
- Maintenance of respirators
- Medical evaluation of workers where required
- Annual review of the program
- Annual Fit Tests
8.40 Respirator Fit test
(1) A respirator which requires an effective seal with the face for proper functioning must not be issued to a worker unless a fit test demonstrates that the face piece forms an effective seal with the wearer’s face.
(2) Fit tests must be performed in accordance with procedures in CSA Standard CAN/CSA-Z94.4-02, Selection, Use, and Care of Respirators.
(2.1) A fit test must be carried out
(a) before initial use of a respirator,
(b) at least once a year,