Confined Space Entry, developed by WorkSafeBC and presented by Petersen Safety Group a WorkSafeBC Training Partner provides an opportunity to learn how to:
- Identify, define and classify a confined space.
- Define a permit-required confined space.
- Refer to the standards and the regulations related to confined spaces.
- Better understand the hazards associated with confined spaces.
- Work safely within a confined space.
- Follow the procedures associated with confined space entry.
- Identify the proper safety equipment needed in confined spaces.
- Prepare an emergency response plan.
The Confined Spaces Entry course is considered an awareness training program.
Once you have completed it, we recommend that you are provided with some on the job training to cover site specific confined spaces entry you will encounter at your workplace.