Safety Policy Manuals
Did you know:
One part of an effective Safety Program is a written statement of principles and goals of the company’s commitment to workplace health and safety.
Health and safety must enjoy the same high priority as the organization’s other major goals.
- contain a written statement of principles and goals
- be signed by the chief executive officer
- be dated
- recognize the need to comply with WorkSafeBC regulations
- acknowledge the right of every employee to work in a safe and healthy environment
- spell out management’s commitment to providing a safe and healthy work environment by eliminating or minimizing the hazards that can cause accidents and injuries
- recognize the priority of safety in relation to other organizational goals and policies
- encourage cooperation with unions and workers to involve all employees in putting the health and safety policy into practice.
One of our specialties is the upgrading or full development of Safety Programs. We have developed Safety Programs for about 50 various Companies, Large and Small. We have worked with companies involved with Civil or Structural Construction, Logging, Road Building, Drywall, Veneer Manufacturing, Mining, Sawmilling, Exploration, Electrical, Plumbing, Masonry, Engineering, and Cheese. Many of these Companies now have effective Safety Programs with significant cost reductions.
Safety Policies should be reviewed annually to keep it up-to-date and in tune with current activities of the organization and with the latest legislation.
We develop high quality written Safety Programs at a reasonable cost.
We can also assist you in establishing a Joint Health and Safety Committee and completing the Annual Joint Health and Safety Committee Evaluation
Call the office 250-753-2888 or Ed Petersen cell 250-618-4420 for more information